Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Finding a good home

This week Carter and I gave up some fish for adoption.

It was quite and adventure trying to catch the fish.  The all were too big for their tank and almost too big for my net!   I first called the local fish store to see if they were accepting trade ins.  Then Carter and I had some splash zone moments trying to get the fish out of the tank and into the bag.  Carter is pretty good at cleaning up spills and even advanced to the towel under each foot method!  So I get to the fish store…and it’s closed!  The hours are 12-8!!  I had called @ 10 so I know they were at the store.  So now I’m standing outside the store with three fish in a bag and a two year old.  I saw someone in the back and start knocking on the door…even Carter joins in.  Then it hits me that I have a cell phone! Dhur! I call the store and the man who I talked to earlier lets me in.  Whew!  The bala sharks find a nice home in a beautiful corner tank.  Poor Jack Jack doesn’t get a nice tank…but he’s the biggest fish and that’s not a bad deal in the cichlid world!

Carter made sure to say bye to Jack Jack…I think he understood that he wasn’t come back home with us…but just in case…I told the man we might be back for Jack Jack!


Stay tuned to see what fish we decide to add to the tank! Did I mention that we got $30 in store credit? Not bad!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you could trade in fish (or that they outgrew their tanks :-) Carter at two is smarter than I am!...and obviously has way more common sense - love the towels under the feet idea!

    ReplyDelete